Friday, April 9, 2010

Baby Legs (Attempted)...

My friend has been busy making these lately, and I thought I would give it a try. I didn't have the right type of socks (too small/thick), but I at least learned how to make them. Once I get to the store, I'll try again. I followed this simple tutorial from Little Birdie's Nest.
Start with your socks.
Cut the toe and heel off.
Fold the foot part of the sock in half. Wrong sides together.
Attach the folded portion of the sock to the bottom of the top part of the sock. Raw edges together. (hope that made sense). Right sides together.
Sew three layers together (notice the grippers on these socks, they caused a lot of grief when I sewing them up). Use a longer stitch length to avoid stretching the sock.
Finished.
Notice how the sock looks stretched? It's because the grippers were getting stuck under the foot, and I had to pull the socks through.
They ended up a bit short, and too stretched out at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment