Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tissue Paper Tie Dyeing...Attempt

This morning I babysat my friend's kids. We decided to do a little tie dyeing! I found this cute idea on Dollar Store Crafts that came from Make and Takes and really wanted to try it out. So we cut our tissue paper, and laid it out on our canvas. I used a shirt, and they used white muslin. We intended to turn theirs into cinch bags when we finished, but it didn't work as well as we had hoped. We'll have to try again. Below are all three of our work. Hannah's had some trouble transferring. I noticed after that there is a shiny side and dull side of the tissue paper. That may have had something to do with it.
Hannah cutting her scraps out
Her cute design. The purple never transferred.
The finished Product.
Reha cut and crumpled her tissue paper.
Sprayed, and waiting for transfer
Finished Product!
My attempt...the petals shifted when I sprayed it.
Finished Product...
not very pretty (good thing it was just a trial run!)

No comments:

Post a Comment