Friday, July 24, 2009

A-Line Dress for Daylynn!

I did it! I made my first dress out of a pattern. The idea came from Creative Chicks, and the pattern is Simplicity 4927.

I learned a few things about a pattern.

1. Read the directions all the way through...FIRST!
2. Look at the pieces and read them carefully before cutting
(I made that mistake a couple of times).
3. Know basic sewing terminology.
4. Have a really handy mom who can fix what you mess up,
and figure out what you can't!

I really love it, and can't wait for Daylynn to wear it on Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!! I totally agree about your comments regarding patterns...when I used one for the first time, my mother in law had to translate! lol. I'm about to attempt again...kinda nervous :) The dress is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is awesome!! I hate patterns! I don't know if I have successfully made anything from a pattern!

    ReplyDelete