Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Quilting...

So I've begun quiliting. I struggled to quilt it just like the quilt from Crazy Mom Quilts, because I can't sew a straight line very well. No one else may have noticed, but it would have really bugged me. It took two hours to un-stitch it all, that I decided to go with the normal swiggle line that I do. My sewing teacher told me to use that stitch so people wouldn't notice when you mess up as easily. It seems to work for me...ha. I have finished three rows, and have 6 more to go. It is taking longer than I expected, but I'm enjoying it!
Sorry it is sort of hard to see.
The three rows completed
A close up on one square

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful Lindsay! So this swiggle line stitch that you do--are you moving the quilt as you move it along or is it an actual stitch...I am so making it obvious that I have very little sewing knowledge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's turning out reallllly cute! I can't wait for you to be done so I can see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, It is a stitch on my machine. If I tried to do that I think it would look worse than my straight stitch...ha

    ReplyDelete