Thursday, October 6, 2011

Felt Wreath…

I’ve seen these all over craft blogs and Pinterest that I decided it was finally time to make one.  I am in LOVE with it!  Run to the store to make this…you won’t regret it!  I chose cream, because it was functional for all holidays.  I can change the ribbons out, or add embellishments if I want too.
2023

Materials:
3/4-1 yard felt color of your choice (make sure you buy it on the bolt. It is a lot better quality.)
Foam wreath
Straight pins

1. Start by finding a circle size you like.  I used a big mug.20032. Cut out lots and lots of circles.
20053. Fold each circle into 4ths.
20064. Put straight pin in the bottom of the triangle.  The part that doesn’t open.
20075. Pick a starting point on the foam circle and start pinning.
20106. Pin felt circles 3/4 of the way around the wreath.  I left the back open, so it would lay flat on the door.
2011Here is half of the wreath done.  (the other half is from Daylynn helping me)
20147.  Add any color ribbon to the wreath and hang. 
2023

3 comments:

  1. HA! I'm in the middle of making one of these too! Funny . . . so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. shut up! I have been looking at tutorials all morning for this! I think I am going to the one with rosettes- looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and I think I might try it!

    ReplyDelete