Friday, December 17, 2010

Ornaments…

This weeks the craft I decided to make was ornaments.  The first one I made (and didn’t take pictures of) was this from Little Birdie Secrets.  She made a star wreath, and below showed making ornaments with the stars instead of the wreath.  I made one and added it as an embellishment to a gift.  It was really cute…if only I’d taken a picture of it to show you all. 

The next ornament inspiration came from this Pottery Barn ornament.  After making the signs last we decided we could make this ornament.  So a group of us got together and that’s just what we did!  We decided to make them square, since squares are so much easier to cut than circles. My friend Tori is planning on putting them on Martinelli’s bottles as gifts for families.  Good idea huh???  I decided to just make them for my family (selfish I know), and put them on our tree.
Pottery Barn Ornament 2002What you need:
Cardstock for squares (or circles)
-Big Square 9cm x 9cm
-Small Square 6 1/2 cm x 6 1/2 cm
Mod Podge or glue
Glitter
Hole Punch (I used my handy crop a dile for the hole punch/grommets)
Grommets
Ribbon
Letter (stickers or cardstock)
Scissors
Decorative Scissors
Glue Gun

Instructions:
Cut big square with decorative scissors.
Mod Podge/glue edges and add glitter – let dry
Use Glue Gun to glue the small square on top of the big square.
Punch hole in top (I did mine on the diagonal, but you can center it in the middle and have it hang square).
Insert Grommet
Add Ribbon
Glue/Stick on letter.  (I traced/cut my letters out of cardstock)

The finished ornaments
A-Aaron, L-Lindsay, D-Daylynn and A-Addison
2012Sticker letters probably would look better, but it works.
2014
2015

No comments:

Post a Comment