Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Shorts…

I haven’t had a whole lot of motivation to craft the last few months, but I finally got it back!  I was searching through my blog roll, and found these adorable shorts that someone had made for their daughter.  I was instantly in love, and decided to make some for mine.  You can find the printable pattern and directions at Create and Design.  I added some pictures as I went along, but I won’t give instructions as it isn’t my pattern.  Happy short making…oh the possibilities with these!  
P.S. these are super easy to make and only took 1 1/2 hours from start to finish.13042Cutting out the materials (I made mine the 3/4T size, and they are plenty big).05420552Sewing the pieces together.0572 Half of the shorts.0592The full shorts sewn together.0612Ruffling the legs.  I stopped taking pictures after this, so I don’t have a picture showing how I attached the leg band.  Just follow her instructions and you will be just fine! 0632   I love how they balloon a little before the leg bands.13062 13072One happy girl, lovin’ her new shorts!13052 *I’m in the process of making some for baby Addison.  Watch for a matching pair in baby size.

No comments:

Post a Comment