Thursday, August 26, 2010

Curled Flowers…

So…just when I get back to crafting, my sewing machine gives me grief.  It is something with the bobbin case, and could cost $40.00 to replace…ugh.  In the mean time, I plan to do crafts that don’t require sewing (Addison’s shorts are on hold).  I found this adorable curled flower accessory at I Heart Naptime (love the name of this blog!)  I got started on mine and really had a fun time with this project.  I plan to make many more of these especially for the shirts that get stained, but are still in good condition.
I cut circles of different sizes.  I didn’t have any rhyme or reason with it…just cut the next one a tad smaller than the one before.  0042 Used fabric glue to glue them together.  After this step, I added an embellishment.0222It’s hard to see, but I glued a piece of velcro to the onsie as well as the flower.0232A close-up on the flower attached to the onesie. 0242The whole thing. 0252Then I made this hot pink one (every girl needs pink!) 0262I put these side by side to show the difference between the two. The first one I made (blue one), I used matches to burn the edges.  The pink one, I used a candle.  You can see that the blue one did not curl near as much as the pink, and it took twice as long!  I also didn’t use as many circles as the blue one, and has more life to it.   I’ll definitely be using a candle from here on out.0292I also did what I heart Naptime did by adding velcro to a clip, so it can double as a hair bow.  I just love it! 0322

No comments:

Post a Comment