Monday, September 20, 2010

Princess Wands…

Sorry for the lack of posts, my machine is still broken.  We have a princess party coming up in November, so I wanted to practice making some of the princess items for the party.  The first being a princess wand.  I think it turned out pretty cute, and will probably be making a bunch of these in the next month and a half.  Here is a very basic tutorial. 
Wrap stick with ribbon (in my case a pencil…remember just practicing right now).0032Let the glue dry.0052  I let Daylynn mod podge the stick and sprinkle the glitter.  (shortly after I had mod podge all over my carpet…ahhh!)0112

0122 All glittered up.  Now let it dry before adding anything else (I didn’t, and my fingers were a mess!)
0132Add embellishments.
0212Cut strips of tulle however wide you want it, and scrunch it up.  I wrapped it with a plastic hair tie. Now fluff it up to a make puff ball.
0072   Add to stick. (I wish I had added more tulle to this one.  It looks pretty sad.  I didn’t have a whole lot of extras to add to this since I just decided to make it on a whim.  The ones for the party will be much prettier.)0222A purple version that I like 100 times better than the first one.0272

0282

1 comment: